NH REAL ESTATE|NH HOMES|LAKE WINNIPESAUKEE REAL ESTATE|NH LAND|NH REALTORS Tim & Pam (603) 651-8806
"Would You Like to Buy My House?"
Selling Your Home
To prospective buyers, the total value of your home isn't limited to the purchase price. When buyers are looking at possible homes, they are motivated by what the house will do for them and their family. Will the house serve their needs comfortably? Will they be proud to invite friends and family to visit? Does it feel like they could settle and be happy here?
Most often, the first visual impression is the most important impression. The one house that appears to be the most spacious, the most cheerful and have the most curb appeal will be the house they will remember. To sell them your house, yours must be the best possible choice in that price range.
To make YOUR house the best possible choice, there are many small but very significant differences you can make, if you are willing to spend the time and a little money.
"Oh-h-h, now THIS is a nice house!"
Making your house appear as attractive and friendly as possible from the street is essential. This is called "curb appeal". Without it, you will be hard put to get buyers interested in recognizing your home's many other attributes if you can't get them through the front door.
- Mow & water the lawn often and keep it looking neat. Trim hedges and shrubs.
- Plant flowers and keep flower beds weed-free.
Make sure all yard lights work.
- Make sure dog pens and/or runs are as clean and attractive as possible. Use your "pooper scooper" around your yard.
- Clean out garage.
- Paint exterior and/or trim.
- Repair mailbox.
- Clean driveway and walkways of dirt, leaves or snow.
- Have a pool? Keep it clean and free of leaves and debris.
- Wash windows inside and out.
"This home is certainly well maintained!"
Now, you've mastered "curb appeal"! It's time to swing open the front door and impress upon the buyers the comfort, beauty, cleanliness and livability of your home!
- The kitchen must be absolutely spotless. Make those appliances, floors and countertops shine. Clear the countertops. No unpleasant garbage odors.
- Clean and freshen bathrooms. Fix or replace leaking faucets. Reapply caulk that is peeling or isn't clean.
- Display your bathroom "guest" towels.
- Clean and shampoo all carpeting.
- All closets should be neat & tidy.
- Clean the fireplace. Polish the screen.
- No pet odors. Smells trigger instant and strong responses.
- Make the beds every day.
- Touch up and/or paint interior.
- Replace burnt-out light bulbs.
- Tighten door knobs and kitchen cabinet hardware.
- Remove all clutter and clean garage and basement.
- Clean furnace and humidifier.
Home Showing Tips!
- Turn on lights in every room.
- Open drapes and blinds.
- Play quiet background music.
- Vacate the house while it is being shown. Your presence may make the buyer feel awkward.
- Keep pets out of the house for the showing or take it for a walk!
- Turn on your air-conditioning or light the fireplace.
- Scented candles or potpourri.
RE/MAX Realty Champions, 44 North Main Street, PO Box 566, Wolfeboro, NH 03894 Cell: (603) 651-8806 Office: (603) 569-3330 Fax: (603) 297-0031|
Website: WWW.REINNH.COM Tim Wade NH REALTOR Email: LOOKING@REINNH.COM
Each RE/MAX Office Is Independently Owned And Operated. All rights reserved.
© 2007 Northern New England Real Estate Network, Inc. All rights reserved. This information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the IDX Program of NNEREN. Subject to errors, omissions, prior sale, change or withdrawal without notice. The agency referenced may or may not be the listing agency for the property listings displayed on this website.